This service is designed for practice owners thinking of selling a share of a business or taking on a new business partner.
Myers La Roche are responsible for the sale or equity transfer of a large number of optical practices and business partnerships each year and we have access to an unrivalled database of optometrists, ophthalmologists and dispensing opticians seeking to buy a business or looking to buy into a partnership.
There are a number of advantages of taking the partnership route:
- A great way to reduce working hours if you are looking for more free time and an improved work life balance.
- A superb way to generate immediate cash to spend on leisure activities or other business objectives.
- A new partner, will often be hungry to prove themselves and may bring high energy levels, time commitment and fresh ideas.
- There may be capital gains tax benefits available by splitting the sale of your business over a period of time.
Our client protection register helps us to monitor the conduct of potential partners and our discrete, professional service will ensure confidentiality, often an essential requirement for our clients who do not want existing staff members finding out and becoming insecure.
We recognise that CVs and interviews can only tell you so much, our service allows you to work with the prospective person prior to signing them up as a partner.
The programme of work that Myers La Roche follow to ensure that you find the right partner includes:
- Review your requirements, collect information and arrange for your business to be valued.
- Produce business details to allow us to market your opportunity effectively.
- Advertise your partnership opportunity via bespoke marketing to match your specific requirements.
- Deal with initial enquiries.
- Obtain and vet all Curriculum Vitae of prospective partners and carry out telephone interviews of short-listed prospective partners.
- Undertake a credit search of short-listed parties.
- Organise interviews.
- Having found the right partner, we will then take up references and negotiate on your behalf to obtain the most favourable payment and terms.
- Once terms have been agreed, we will liaise with solicitors and lenders to ensure that the legal transaction completes satisfactorily.
The cost for the Partner Search is £979 + VAT.
For more information contact us.