In these difficult economic times, more and more professional independent optometrists and opticians work hard but they do not enjoy the level of profitability that they deserve. Myers La Roche has developed the Practice Health Check programme in conjunction with the Association of Optometrists to provide you with hands-on management and marketing consultancy at an incredibly low fixed fee.
What should you expect to gain?
This programme has been running since 1985. In 2012 we undertook 121 Practice Health Checks in the UK, Ireland, Spain and France. Optometrists and opticians found that when they introduced the improvements that our consultants recommended, they enjoyed some or all of the following benefits:
- Increased sales and profits;
- Reduced costs and improved efficiency;
- Higher response to recall;
- Increased conversion rates;
- Increased dispensing values;
- Better working environment;
- Reduced objections from patients;
- Improved processes and systems;
- More motivated workforce;
- More delighted patients; and
- An increase in the value of the practice
How does the programme work?
One of our qualified consultants will research your local market to evaluate the socio-economics of your catchment area and calculate your market share by volume and value. On the day of the Practice Health Check they will:
- Examine the appearance of the outside;
- Track the Patient Journey;
- Interview the staff;
- Observe the procedures, processes and systems;
- Analyse your financial results;
- Examine your Key Performance Indicators;
- Discuss the problems and solutions; and
- Present you with a detailed Practice Health Checklist.
Your Practice Health Checklist will Detail:
- Your patient profile;
- Your market share by patient volume;
- Your market share by value (Sterling or Euros);
- The external factors surrounding your practice;
- How to improve the appearance of your practice from the outside;
- Improvements to the first impressions that new visitors gain;
- Getting more from the way in which your workforce manage patients;
- Streamlining systems to make them more productive;
- Commercial improvements in the consulting rooms and handovers;
- Improvements to the dispensing function;
- Better merchandising of frames, lenses, contact lenses and professional services;
- Improving the Patient Journey;
- How Key Performance Indicators at your practice stack-up against the competition;
- Review of your financial accounts;
- Improvements to your pricing strategy for eyeglasses, contact lenses and fees;
- Enhancing the range and profile of products & services that you provide;
- Increasing productivity at your practice;
- The competitive threat that you face;
- Efficacy of any marketing and promotions with specific recommendations for change;
- Improving your recall and reminder system;
- How to comply with your legal responsibilities; and
- much more.
This report could cost thousands but our huge economies of scale and simple reporting structure means that we can deliver all the benefits of an expensive consultants report for a fraction of the cost and in a short time.
OK, so how much does a Practice Health Check cost?
We will complete the Practice Health Check in one day and the fee is £997 per practice (or €1,379 in the EU). Prices include travel and accommodation. There is a discount when you order for multiple branches.
Money Back Guarantee
In the unlikely event that our consultants cannot identify ways to at least recover our fee within 12 months of the PHC, we will refund the whole of the fee. This means that you can have a Practice Health Check in the certain knowledge that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Myers La Roche is the largest specialist consultancy in Europe dedicated to providing professional marketing support for optometrists and opticians.
- Fully qualified marketing consultants, members of the Chartered Institute of Marketing;
- Exclusively working with professional eye care practitioners;
- The only consultancy to be endorsed by the Association of Optometrists;
- Proven track record gained from 27 years in optics;
- Solutions based upon experience not guesswork and hunches;
- An agreed code of professional conduct that ensures our confidential, quality service is second to none;
- Professional indemnity insurance; and even
- The full, money-back guarantee.
But be aware
Many of our recommendations can be implemented at no cost whatsoever. Some will need a modest investment. Others might require major investment. Our advice will include an indication of the return on investment that you can expect.
What do you do next?
Visit our online shop and follow the on-screen instructions.
Want to chat?
Telephone 0161 929 8389 and ask to speak to a qualified marketing consultant in the Marketing Team. Telephone discussions are free of charge, confidential and without obligation on your part. All telephone calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.